The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has issued a proposed rule updating the requirements that hospitals and critical access hospitals (CAHs) must meet to participate in Medicare and Medicaid. Formally called the Conditions of Participation, the proposed changes would modernize and revise the requirements to reflect current standards of practice and support improvements in quality of care by:
- Reducing readmissions;
- Reducing barriers to care;
- Reducing the incidence of hospital-acquired conditions (including healthcare-associated infections);
- Improving the use of antibiotics (including the potential for reduced antibiotic resistance);
- Addressing workforce shortage issues; and
- Improving patient protections
To view the CMS Fact Sheet and access the proposed rule, click HERE.
All material posted on our website is the intellectual property of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc. and can’t be used, reproduced, or posted as your own material without the prior written approval of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc.
This article is not intended to and does not serve as legal advice or as consultative services, but is for general information purposes only.