On April 8, 2021, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) issued the fiscal year (FY) 2022 Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) proposed rule. Comments will be accepted on the proposed rule until 5:00pm on June 7, 2021. The proposed rule is schedule to be published in the Federal Register on April 15, 2021.
Highlights of the proposed rule include the following:
- CMS is proposing to update the SNF payment rates by 1.3%
- CMS is soliciting broad public comments on a potential methodology for recalibrating the PDPM parity adjustment that would account for the potential effects of the COVID-19 PHE without compromising the accuracy of the adjustment
- CMS is proposing to rebase and revise the SNF market basket to improve payment accuracy under the SNF PPS by proposing to use a 2018-based SNF market basket to update the PPS payment rates, instead of the 2014-based SNF market basket.
- CMS is proposing several changes to the PDPM ICD-10 code mappings affecting the areas of sickle-cell disease, esophageal conditions, multisystem inflammatory syndrome, neonatal cerebral infarction, vaping-related disorder, and anoxic brain damage
- CMS is proposing to adopt two new measures and update the specifications for another measure for the Quality Reporting Program
To access the proposed rule, click HERE. To access the Fact Sheet, click HERE.
All material posted on our website is the intellectual property of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc. and can’t be used, reproduced, or posted as your own material without the prior written approval of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc.
This article is not intended to and does not serve as legal advice or as consultative services, but is for general information purposes only.