On July 15, 2015, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) released the 2016 proposed rule for services reimbursed under the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS). This proposed rule does impact outpatient therapy services provided in the following settings:
- Private Practice
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Facilities
- Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facilities
- Home Health Agencies providing Part B Therapy Services
- Hospital Outpatient Departments (excludes critical access hospitals)
Highlights of the proposed rule include the 2016 payment rate, 2016 PQRS program, and CPT codes used by PT and OT that CMS wants to review to see if they are “misvalued” and need to be updated.
In 2016, the proposed conversion factor would be
All material posted on our website is the intellectual property of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc. and can’t be used, reproduced, or posted as your own material without the prior written approval of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc.
This article is not intended to and does not serve as legal advice or as consultative services, but is for general information purposes only.