One of the most common questions I receive, either via email or at my live seminars, is “What insurance carriers follow the 8-minute rule for outpatient therapy? Well, we all know the Medicare program follows the 8-minute rule for outpatient therapy services. This is true for all outpatient therapy services provided to Medicare beneficiaries in the following settings:
- Private Practice
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facilities
- Rehabilitation Agencies
- Home Health Agencies providing Part B therapy in the beneficiaries home
- Hospital Outpatient Departments
- Medicare patient’s seen for therapy while they are in the emergency department or under observation status in a hospital setting and do not get admitted
But did you know the 8-minute rule also applies to other insurance carriers besides traditional Medicare? The 8-minute rule applies to all insurance carriers who
All material posted on our website is the intellectual property of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc. and can’t be used, reproduced, or posted as your own material without the prior written approval of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc.
This article is not intended to and does not serve as legal advice or as consultative services, but is for general information purposes only.