Effective with dates of service on and after April 16, 2020, TRICARE recognizes physical therapist assistants (PTAs) and occupational therapy assistants (OTAs) as TRICARE-Authorized Providers. On April 22, 2020, TRICARE updated their Policy Manual to include PTAs and OTAs.
Highlights of the Policy Manual update include the following:
- Scope of practice of a PTA and OTA
- Supervision requirements of the PTA and OTA based on practice setting
- Reimbursement for services provided by a PTA or OTA
- Application of the CQ and CO modifier when services are provided in whole or in part by a PTA or OTA, respectively
- Payment differential when services are provided in whole or in part by a PTA or OTA compared to if the service was provided by a physical therapist or occupational therapist
To access the Policy Manual, click
I hope you enjoyed this article. Thank you for being a Gold Member!
All material posted on our website is the intellectual property of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc. and can’t be used, reproduced, or posted as your own material without the prior written approval of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc.
This article is not intended to and does not serve as legal advice or as consultative services, but is for general information purposes only.