Credit Card Payment: Choose an option above and add to cart
PAYMENT BY CHECK:
To pay by check, please fill out the REGISTRATION FORM BY CHECK and submit with your payment to the address on the form. If you have any questions, please contact Michelle at 661.350.6187.
Therapy is under review, and findings by CMS Program Integrity Contractors continue to support efforts to audit and investigate therapy providers. Data analytics are being used by CMS Medicare Administrative Contractors, State Medicaid programs, the OIG, as well as the Fraud Investigative Units of commercial payors. This webinar will identify key areas of risk for the outpatient therapy practice, demonstrate examples of recent cases, settlements, and sanctions. The Seven “easy pieces” Elements of an Effective Compliance Program for a therapy practice will demonstrated to show how therapy practices can scale a compliance program, which is a requirement under the ACA. Curious as to results from Targeted Probe and Educate (TPE) audits? Joint this webinar for a bonus summary of therapy findings across the MACs. BONUS HANDOUTS: include compliance tools that can be customized for you practice.
At the completion of this webinar the participant will be able to:
- Understand recent OIG audit findings, why therapy investigation is profitable for investigators, and how this can be used to assess your practice risk
- Understand why the Department of Justice relies on therapy whistleblowers to expose fraud, waste & abuse, and the key areas of therapy risk that may be harming your practice
- Understand the risk of “accidentally” reporting a compliance matter on social media, relying on social media groups for guidance on regulations, and how it harms your opportunity to mitigate risk under investigation
- Demonstrate knowledge of fraud, waste and abuse, and the how it is applicable to therapy through the use of actual case findings
- Learn the seven easy pieces of compliance, and how to scale to your practice to develop an effective compliance program as required under the ACA.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Nancy J. Beckley is the president of Nancy Beckley & Associates LLC, a firm specializing in rehab and therapy compliance. The firm offers compliance outsourcing, risk assessment, compliance plan development, annual compliance training, external audits, and investigation support. Clients include providers under Medicare and Medicaid probe review, corrective action plans, ZPIC/UPIC investigations, RAC audits, OIG Audits and Corporate Integrity Agreements.
Nancy is a top expert in compliance due diligence for therapy mergers and acquisitions working with investment bankers, brokers, lenders and practices. She has participated in compliance due diligence activities involved over 80 M & A activities. Long considered the top subject matter expert in rehab agency and CORF development, Nancy has work with over 125 rehab agencies and CORFs in program development, survey & certification, and policy & procedure development.
She is a nationally known speaker in the area of rehab compliance, and has presented at the Provider Practice Compliance Conference, Florida Compliance Conference, and the HCCA Compliance Institute., has authored six articles for Compliance Today and writes the compliance and social media column. She was featured on the cover of Compliance Today in September 2014.
Ms. Beckley’s area of expertise includes:
- Medicare regulatory requirements for outpatient therapy providers; extensive experience in Medicare Survey and Certification
- Policy and procedure development for therapy providers including compliance with ACA Section 1557 and Conditions of Participation
- Medicare and Medicaid program integrity initiatives: MAC, RAC, CERT, ZPIC/UPIC, TPE, probe reviews, pre and post payment reviews
- Compliance program development, consulting, training, and outsourced functions including compliance officer and auditor
- Compliance training for outpatient therapy including risk areas of documentation, coding and billing
- Audit and consulting engagements under attorney-client privilege for risk assessment and potential payback liability analysis
- Compliance due diligence activities in mergers and acquisitions to assess Federal health care program risk
WHO SHOULD LISTEN:
Physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, speech-language pathologists, private practice owners, compliance officers, office managers, nursing home administrators, directors and managers as well as billers and billing departments of organizations that provide physical, occupational and/or speech therapy services.
INCLUDED IN YOUR MATERIALS PACKET:
In addition to the expertise and advice presented during this webinar conference, you’ll also receive a handout (in PDF format) that will include related references as well as compliance tools that can be customized for you practice.
A certificate of attendance will be available upon purchase of the webinar and may be adequate for credit in some states; you will need to contact your state licensing regulatory body to determine whether or not credit will be granted for this webinar conference listened to via a CD of the live presentation that occurred on October 2, 2019.
LENGTH OF TIME FOR PLAYBACK or AUDIO FILES:
Time: Approximately 1 hour and 42 minutes (including Q&A time recorded)
There are no refunds once your order has been processed since the handouts/links will be emailed to you immediately after your order has been completed. CD’s will be mailed the following business day by regular US mail.
System Requirements Required To View Webinar Playback Link On Computer:
Venue system requirements:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7+, Mozilla Firefox 2.5+, Safari, or Chrome
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Stable Internet connection, DSL or above
- Wired Internet connection; wireless is not recommended
- Flash Player 9 or higher
- Disabled pop-up blockers
- Computer speakers for participants
Note: Android Smart Phones (i.e. IPhone) are not compatible.
In order to ensure successful connection to the playback webinar link, please take a moment to conduct a system test by clicking this link: http://web.telspan.com/systemcheck
***Application Sharing does not need to be operational in order to view this webinar playback link.
*** This WEBINAR PLAYBACK LINK/CD and HANDOUTS is not to be distributed outside of your organization. If you have a larger organization and have multiple locations, then please contact us at email@example.com for pricing.
If you have questions about registration or logistics for this webinar conference, please contact the Webinar Conference Manager:
Michelle Gawenda at 661.350.6187 or contact Rick or Michelle via email by filling out our contact form.