Effective with dates of service on and after January 1, 2022, physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants can provide and be reimbursed for remote therapeutic monitoring (RTM) services by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Medicare Advantage plans and possibly other commercial/private insurance carriers. This webinar will thoroughly explain the 5 RTM CPT codes, including defining what is a medical device and how and when you can bill for each CPT code, and what you should document to support the billing of each CPT code. Case scenarios will be presented to assist participants in determining how the RTM codes can be utilized and billed correctly.
At the conclusion of this webinar presentation, participants will be able to:
- Recite the description of each of the 5 new RTM codes
- Understand if the therapy threshold and multiple procedure payment reduction policy apply to the RTM codes
- Identify which RTM codes the de minimis standard applies to and thus have payment reduced if provided in whole or in part by a PTA or an OTA
- Distinguish between “each 30 days” and “in a calendar month” for CPT codes 98976, 98977, 98980 and 98981
- Discuss the formats in which an interactive communication can occur in order to be compliant with CPT codes 98980 and 98981
- Calculate how to determine when CPT codes 98980 and 98981 can be billed and for how many units
- List what type of device(s) must be used in order to bill CPT codes 98975 – 98977 and 98980 and 98981
- Understand what you should document to support the billing of each RTM CPT code
Physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, private practice owners and practice administrators, office managers at private practices, as well as directors, managers, supervisors, coders, and billers in hospital outpatient therapy departments, rehabilitation agencies, home health agencies, and comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation facilities.
In addition to the expertise and advice presented during this webinar conference, you’ll also receive a handout (in PDF format) that will include related reference links.
There are no refunds for no shows or any other reasons once you register and payment is received. We are not responsible for organization firewalls or computer software issues that may interfere and/or prohibit your connection to the webinar portion of the presentation.
Venue system requirements:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7+, Mozilla Firefox 2.5+, Safari, or Chrome
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Stable Internet connection, DSL or above
- Wired Internet connection; wireless is not recommended
- Flash Player 9 or higher
- Disable pop-up blockers
- Computer speakers for participants
Note: Android Smart Phones (i.e. iPhone) are not compatible.
In order to ensure a successful connection to the playback webinar link, please take a moment to conduct a system test by clicking this link: http://web.telspan.com/systemcheck
***Application Sharing does not need to be operational in order to view this webinar playback link.
*** This WEBINAR PLAYBACK LINK and HANDOUTS is not to be distributed outside of your organization. If you have a larger organization and have multiple locations, then please contact us here for pricing.