ICD-10-CM became effective with dates of service on and after October 1, 2015, yet many physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, coders and other staff responsible for the submission of a claim to an insurance carrier still have many questions concerning ICD-10-CM at it applies to pediatric outpatient physical, occupational and speech therapy services.
This 2-hour webinar program will build upon the basics of ICD-10 by providing in-depth ICD-10 coding and documentation information for pediatric physical, occupational and speech outpatient therapy services. Examples provided in the webinar will focus on physical, occupational and speech therapy case studies in pediatrics. Conditions discussed will include, but not limited to, orthopedic conditions, post-surgical conditions, burns, infantile CVA, CP, Down Syndrome, muscular dystrophy, autism, cleft lip, cleft palate, cleft lip with cleft palate and dyslexia. A hands-on approach using case scenarios will be used to assist the webinar participant in selecting the correct ICD-10 code(s) to place on the claim form.
In addition, the webinar will discuss when the 7th character is required and distinguish between the initial encounter, subsequent encounter and sequela for visits due to a traumatic injury. This webinar will also explain and provide examples of Excludes 1 and Excludes 2 ICD-10 coding pairs and what is the difference between Excludes1 and Excludes2. This intermediate session includes coding resources and additional tips related to ICD-10.
At the conclusion of this webinar presentation, participants will:
- Apply ICD-10 coding concepts to PT, OT and SLP pediatric services
- Be able to understand the differences between a traumatic injury and non-traumatic injury when assigning ICD-10 codes
- Identify documentation issues pertinent to PT, OT and SLP services as it applies to ICD-10
- Describe when a 7th character is required in ICD-10 coding
- Define initial encounter, subsequent encounter and sequela
- Describe the difference between “Excludes1” and “Excludes2”
- Describe the difference between Not Elsewhere Classified (NEC) and Not Otherwise Specified (NOS)
- Be able to report and bill ICD-10 codes correctly for outpatient therapy pediatric conditions
Physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, private practice owners and practice administrators, billing companies, coders and office managers at private practices, as well as directors, managers, supervisors, coders, and billers in hospital outpatient therapy departments, schools, rehabilitation agencies, and comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation facilities.
In addition to the expertise and advice presented during this webinar conference, you’ll also receive a handout (in PDF format) that will include related reference links.
There are no refunds for no shows or any other reasons once you register and payment is received. We are not responsible for organization firewalls or computer software issues that may interfere and/or prohibit your connection to the webinar portion of the presentation.
Venue system requirements:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7+, Mozilla Firefox 2.5+, Safari, or Chrome
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Stable Internet connection, DSL or above
- Wired Internet connection; wireless is not recommended
- Flash Player 9 or higher
- Disable pop-up blockers
- Computer speakers for participants
Note: Android Smart Phones (i.e. iPhone) are not compatible.
In order to ensure a successful connection to the playback webinar link, please take a moment to conduct a system test by clicking this link: http://web.telspan.com/systemcheck
***Application Sharing does not need to be operational in order to view this webinar playback link.
*** This WEBINAR PLAYBACK LINK and HANDOUTS is not to be distributed outside of your organization. If you have a larger organization and have multiple locations, then please contact us here for pricing.