It’s a new year and with that, new, revised and deleted CPT codes become effective on January 1, 2024 and payment changes occur in terms of the annual Medicare therapy threshold dollar amount, use of the KX modifier for claims exceeding the therapy threshold, the targeted medical review process for claims exceeding $3000 in a calendar year and the annual Medicare Part B deductible and its impact on the annual therapy threshold dollar amount. In calendar year 2024, what is the status of outpatient therapy delivered via telehealth as well as supervision requirements of a physical therapist assistant by a physical therapist and occupational therapy assistant by an occupational therapist in the private practice setting? Lastly, will Medicare reimbursement decrease in calendar year 2024 compared to 2023 and might some localities see a bigger decrease than others?
At the conclusion of this webinar presentation, participants will be able to:
- Recall the 2024 conversion factor and its impact on payment under Medicare Part B therapy services
- Understand what the 2024 Medicare Part B deductible is and its impact on the annual therapy threshold
- List the 3 possible scenarios of who may pay the 2024 Medicare Part B deductible
- Name the 2 Medigap plans that cover the annual Medicare Part B deductible
- Identify the 2024 therapy threshold and the targeted medical review process for claims exceeding $3,000 in calendar year 2024
- List new, revised and/or deleted CPT codes for 2024 that may be utilized by physical or occupational therapists and/or speech-language pathologists
- Recite the current status of telehealth with traditional Medicare and major commercial insurance carriers for calendar year 2024
- Explain how CMS calculates the 15% payment reduction when a service is provided in whole or in part by a physical therapist assistant or an occupational therapy assistant
- Understand how the Geographic Price Cost Index for your locality impacts your Medicare payment in calendar year 2024
Physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, speech-language pathologists, private practice owners and practice administrators, coders and office managers at private practices, as well as directors, managers, supervisors, compliance officers, risk managers, and billers in skilled nursing facilities, hospital outpatient therapy departments, rehabilitation agencies, home health agencies doing Part B in the home, and comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation facilities.
In addition to the expertise and advice presented during this webinar conference, you’ll also receive a handout (in PDF format) that will include related reference links.
There are no refunds for no shows or any other reasons once you register and payment is received. We are not responsible for organization firewalls or computer software issues that may interfere and/or prohibit your connection to the webinar portion of the presentation.
Venue system requirements:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7+, Mozilla Firefox 2.5+, Safari, or Chrome
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Stable Internet connection, DSL or above
- Wired Internet connection; wireless is not recommended
- Flash Player 9 or higher
- Disable pop-up blockers
- Computer speakers for participants
Note: Android Smart Phones (i.e. iPhone) are not compatible.
In order to ensure a successful connection to the playback webinar link, please take a moment to conduct a system test by clicking this link: http://web.telspan.com/systemcheck
***Application Sharing does not need to be operational in order to view this webinar playback link.
*** This WEBINAR PLAYBACK LINK and HANDOUTS is not to be distributed outside of your organization. If you have a larger organization and have multiple locations, then please contact us here for pricing.