Credit Card Payment: Choose an option above and add to cart
PAYMENT BY CHECK:
To pay by check, please fill out the REGISTRATION FORM BY CHECK and submit with your payment to the address on the form. If you have any questions, please contact Michelle at 661.350.6187.
It’s a new year and with that, payment changes occur in terms of the annual Medicare therapy threshold dollar amount, use of the KX modifier for claims exceeding the therapy threshold, the medical review process for claims exceeding $3000 in a calendar year and the annual Medicare Part B deductible and its impact on the annual therapy threshold dollar amount. In addition, there are several deleted CPT codes and at least 6 new CPT codes that will become effective with dates of service on and after January 1, 2020 that will be applicable to physical therapy, occupational and/or speech therapy services. Two of the new codes are for trigger point dry needling as well as 2 new CPT codes for cognitive function intervention and 2 new biofeedback codes.
In addition, the webinar will discuss the new modifiers that will be required to append to CPT codes for services provided in whole or in part by physical therapist assistants (PTAs) and occupational therapy assistants (OTAs) beginning on January 1, 2020. Finally, the webinar will discuss how the Medicare program will reimburse for services provided in whole or in part by PTAs and OTAs beginning with dates of service on and after January 1, 2022 and how this change may impact non-Medicare insurance carriers payments for outpatient therapy services.
This 1.5-hour webinar will provide participants with the following details:
- 2020 Medicare therapy threshold dollar amount
- 2020 Medicare use of KX modifier
- Medical review process for Medicare beneficiaries exceeding $3000 in 2020
- 2020 Medicare Part B deductible and its impact on the annual therapy threshold dollar amount
- Targeted Probe and Educate in 2020 for outpatient therapy services
- Detailed review of new and deleted CPT codes in calendar year 2020 impacting outpatient therapy services
- Examples of when the new PTA and OTA modifiers will be required on CPT codes on the claim form
At the conclusion of this webinar presentation, participants will be able to:
- List the new and deleted CPT codes for calendar year 2020
- Understand what interventions and services are included in the new CPT codes
- Identify the 2020 therapy cap threshold, use of the KX modifiers and the targeted medical review process for claims exceeding $3,000
- Understand what the 2020 Part B deductible is and its impact on the therapy threshold
- List the 2020 conversion factor and its impact on payment under Medicare
- Recite how the Targeted Probe and Educate program works and what CPT codes are being reviewed under outpatient therapy
- Name the new modifiers to distinguish services provided in whole or in part by a PTA or OTA
- Recall when the new modifiers will be required to be appended to CPT codes on the claim form
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Rick Gawenda, P.T., graduated in 1991 with a Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan. Mr. Gawenda is currently the President and founder of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc. and Director of Finances for Kinetix Advanced Physical Therapy Inc., a private practice located in southern California. He has provided valuable education and consulting to hospitals, rehabilitation agencies, private practices, nursing homes, and his peers in the areas of CPT and ICD-10 coding, billing, documentation, reimbursement, and compliance as it pertains to outpatient therapy services as well as denial management and the appeals process for Medicare denied claims. Mr. Gawenda’s website, www.gawendaseminars.com, provides a valuable source of information on rehabilitation rules and regulations, coding, documentation, and reimbursement.
Mr. Gawenda is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) and Michigan Physical Therapy Association (MPTA). Mr. Gawenda is the Past President of the Section on Health Policy & Administration of the APTA as well as Past President of the Michigan Association of Medical Rehabilitation Program Administrators.
Mr. Gawenda is also the author of “The How-To Manual for Rehab Documentation: A Complete Guide to Increasing Reimbursement and Reducing Denials” and “Coding and Billing For Outpatient Rehab Made Easy: Proper Use of CPT Codes, ICD-9 Codes and Modifiers”.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN:
Physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, speech-language pathologists, private practice owners and practice administrators, billing companies, office managers at private practices, as well as compliance officers, risk managers, directors, managers, supervisors, and billers in skilled nursing facilities, hospital outpatient therapy departments, rehabilitation agencies, home health agencies, comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation facilities, and billing companies.
INCLUDED IN YOUR MATERIALS PACKET:
In addition to the expertise and advice presented during this webinar conference, you’ll also receive a handout (in PDF format) that will include related references.
A certificate of attendance will be available upon purchase of the webinar and may be adequate for credit in some states; you will need to contact your state licensing regulatory body to determine whether or not credit will be granted for this webinar conference listened to via a CD of the live presentation that occurred on December 12, 2019.
LENGTH OF TIME FOR PLAYBACK or AUDIO FILES:
Time: Approximately 1 hour and 51 minutes (including Q&A time recorded)
There are no refunds once your order has been processed since the handouts/links will be emailed to you immediately after your order has been completed. CD’s will be mailed the following business day by regular US mail.
System Requirements Required To View Webinar Playback Link On Computer:
Venue system requirements:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7+, Mozilla Firefox 2.5+, Safari, or Chrome
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Stable Internet connection, DSL or above
- Wired Internet connection; wireless is not recommended
- Flash Player 9 or higher
- Disabled pop-up blockers
- Computer speakers for participants
Note: Android Smart Phones (i.e. IPhone) are not compatible.
In order to ensure successful connection to the playback webinar link, please take a moment to conduct a system test by clicking this link: http://web.telspan.com/systemcheck
***Application Sharing does not need to be operational in order to view this webinar playback link.
*** This WEBINAR PLAYBACK LINK/CD and HANDOUTS is not to be distributed outside of your organization. If you have a larger organization and have multiple locations, then please contact us at email@example.com for pricing.
If you have questions about registration or logistics for this webinar conference, please contact the Webinar Conference Manager:
Michelle Gawenda at 661.350.6187 or contact Rick or Michelle via email by filling out our contact form.