Credit Card Payment: Choose an option above and add to cart
PAYMENT BY CHECK:
To pay by check, please fill out the REGISTRATION FORM BY CHECK and submit with your payment to the address on the form. If you have any questions, please contact Michelle at 661.350.6187.
This 2.5-hour webinar will assist physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists in private practices, office managers of private practices, administrators and owners of private practices, and billers and billing companies of private practices in their preparation to report MIPS in calendar year 2020. This webinar will teach participants:
- The 4 categories of MIPS, how each category is weighted and its impact on your final score
- How to calculate if you will be required to participate in MIPS in 2020
- Different ways to participate in MIPS (Individual vs Group) and how to report data to CMS
- Low-volume thresholds that may give therapists in private practices the opportunity to not be required to participate in MIPS
- Low-volume opt-in option to give you an opportunity for a positive payment adjustment in 2022
- The anticipated measures available to report by physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech-language pathologists, what format they can be reported to CMS and give examples of the code(s) that must be reported for some of the measures
- Provide some examples of the over 110 Improvement Activities that are available to report on in 2020
- Payment adjustments for calendar years 2022 dependent upon successful or unsuccessful participation in MIPS in 2020
At the completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- List the 4 categories in the 2020 MIPS program and how each category is weighted
- Recite how MIPS eligible clinicians can report the data to CMS
- Understand the 2020 data completeness requirements based upon how you report the Quality Measures
- Name the anticipated measures available to report for physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy
- Explain the 2-phase Determination Period and how it will determine if you must participate in MIPS to avoid a negative payment adjustment
- Differentiate the 3 options available to participate in MIPS
- List the 3 low-volume thresholds that would exclude a MIPS eligible clinician from being required to participate in MIPS
- Explain the low-volume opt-in option available to physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists in private practice
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Rick Gawenda, P.T., graduated in 1991 with a Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan. Mr. Gawenda is currently the President and founder of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc. and Director of Finances for Kinetix Advanced Physical Therapy Inc., a private practice located in southern California. He has provided valuable education and consulting to hospitals, rehabilitation agencies, private practices, nursing homes, and his peers in the areas of CPT and ICD-10 coding, billing, documentation, reimbursement, and compliance as it pertains to outpatient therapy services as well as denial management and the appeals process for Medicare denied claims. Mr. Gawenda’s website, www.gawendaseminars.com, provides a valuable source of information on rehabilitation rules and regulations, coding, documentation, and reimbursement.
Mr. Gawenda is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) and Michigan Physical Therapy Association (MPTA). Mr. Gawenda is the Past President of the Section on Health Policy & Administration of the APTA as well as Past President of the Michigan Association of Medical Rehabilitation Program Administrators.
Mr. Gawenda is also the author of “The How-To Manual for Rehab Documentation: A Complete Guide to Increasing Reimbursement and Reducing Denials” and “Coding and Billing For Outpatient Rehab Made Easy: Proper Use of CPT Codes, ICD-9 Codes and Modifiers”.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN:
Physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists in private practices, office managers of private practices, administrators and owners of private practices, and billers and billing companies of private practices.
INCLUDED IN YOUR MATERIALS PACKET:
In addition to the expertise and advice presented during this webinar conference, you’ll also receive a handout (in PDF format) that will include related references.
A certificate of attendance will be available upon purchase of the webinar and may be adequate for credit in some states; you will need to contact your state licensing regulatory body to determine whether or not credit will be granted for this webinar conference listened to via a CD of the live presentation that occurred on December 17, 2019.
LENGTH OF TIME FOR PLAYBACK or AUDIO FILES:
Time: Approximately 2 hour and 27 minutes (including Q&A time recorded)
There are no refunds once your order has been processed since the handouts/links will be emailed to you immediately after your order has been completed. CD’s will be mailed the following business day by regular US mail.
System Requirements Required To View Webinar Playback Link On Computer:
Venue system requirements:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7+, Mozilla Firefox 2.5+, Safari, or Chrome
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Stable Internet connection, DSL or above
- Wired Internet connection; wireless is not recommended
- Flash Player 9 or higher
- Disabled pop-up blockers
- Computer speakers for participants
Note: Android Smart Phones (i.e. IPhone) are not compatible.
In order to ensure successful connection to the playback webinar link, please take a moment to conduct a system test by clicking this link: http://web.telspan.com/systemcheck
***Application Sharing does not need to be operational in order to view this webinar playback link.
*** This WEBINAR PLAYBACK LINK/CD and HANDOUTS is not to be distributed outside of your organization. If you have a larger organization and have multiple locations, then please contact us at email@example.com for pricing.
If you have questions about registration or logistics for this webinar conference, please contact the Webinar Conference Manager:
Michelle Gawenda at 661.350.6187 or contact Rick or Michelle via email by filling out our contact form.