On April 14, 2015, the Senate passed H.R. 2, Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015, that had been previously passed by the House of Representatives on March 26, 2015. The bill was then sent to President Obama who signed the bill on April 15, 2015. This ACT contained several important provisions for providers of outpatient therapy services. Included in this legislation was the following:
- Repealing the sustainable growth rate formula (SGR) and avoiding the 21.2% payment reduction for Medicare outpatient therapy services
- Improving payment for Medicare outpatient therapy services
- Extension of the work Geographic Price Cost Index (GPCI) in Medicare localities where it is less than 1.0
- Extension of the therapy cap exception process for outpatient therapy services
- Extension of the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Revisions to the manual medical review process for outpatient therapy services
To read the detailed summary for each of the above items and their impact on your practice and organization, Gold Members log into your account and non-members, become a Gold Member now!
All material posted on our website is the intellectual property of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc. and can’t be used, reproduced, or posted as your own material without the prior written approval of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc.
This article is not intended to and does not serve as legal advice or as consultative services, but is for general information purposes only.