CPT code 97750 is a code that many providers of therapy services do not understand when to use this code, when not to use this code and what interventions are included under this code. I often receive questions regarding CPT code 97750 such as:
- When can I bill CPT code 97750?
- Can we use CPT code 97750 in place of a reevaluation if an insurance carrier does not pay for a reevaluation?
- Can we use this code for the time it takes us to take range of motion measurements and perform manual muscle testing?
- Can we bill this CPT code for the time a patient completes a questionnaire and we review it with the patient?
- How often can we bill CPT code 97750?
- Can we bill CPT code 97750 for writing a Progress Report?
- Can we bill CPT code 97750 every 10th visit on Medicare patient’s when completing functional limitation reporting?
- What time counts towards “the each 15 minutes” when determining how many units to bill?
The description of CPT code 97750 is “Physical performance test or measurement (eg, musculoskeletal, functional capacity), with written report, each 15 minutes”.
Lets now answer the questions from above.
When can I bill CPT code 97750?
All material posted on our website is the intellectual property of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc. and can’t be used, reproduced, or posted as your own material without the prior written approval of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc.
This article is not intended to and does not serve as legal advice or as consultative services, but is for general information purposes only.