On December 21, 2020, the United States Senate and United States House of Representatives passed legislation that will have a financial impact on outpatient physical, occupational and speech therapy services thru December 31, 2023. President Trump signed the legislation into law on December 27, 2020. In this article, I will provide information on the following topics:
- Conversion factor change for calendar year 2021 that will impact payment for outpatient physical, occupational and speech therapy services under the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule.
- Extension of temporary suspension of Medicare sequestration
- Extension of the Work Geographic Index Floor minimum of 1.0
- Places a moratorium on the payment for G2211
- How does G2211 impact payment for outpatient therapy services?
- In simple terms, what is the expected payment adjustment for outpatient therapy services in 2021 compared to 2020?
Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) and the Conversion Factor
Extension of Temporary Suspension of Medicare Sequestration
Extension of the Work Geographic Index Floor Minimum of 1.0
Places a Moratorium on the Payment for G2211
How Does G2211 Impact Payment for Outpatient Therapy Services?
In simple terms, what is the expected payment adjustment for outpatient therapy services in 2021 compared to 2020?
I hope you found this article informative. Thank you for being a Gold Member!
All material posted on our website is the intellectual property of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc. and can’t be used, reproduced, or posted as your own material without the prior written approval of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc.
This article is not intended to and does not serve as legal advice or as consultative services, but is for general information purposes only.