On July 12, 2018, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) released the proposed rule: “Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2019; Medicare Shared Savings Program Requirements; Quality Payment Program; and Medicaid Promoting Interoperability Program”. This proposed rule has several proposed changes for outpatient therapy services beginning with dates of service on and after January 1, 2019.
Highlights of the proposed rule include the following:
- Functional limitation reporting
- Revised description for GN, GO and GP discipline specific modifiers
- New modifiers for services provided by a physical therapist assistant (PTA) or occupational therapy assistant (OTA)
- Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
- Revise direct practice expense inputs for 3 CPT codes utilized by physical and occupational therapy
1. Functional Limitation Reporting
All material posted on our website is the intellectual property of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc. and can’t be used, reproduced, or posted as your own material without the prior written approval of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc.
This article is not intended to and does not serve as legal advice or as consultative services, but is for general information purposes only.