The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has released the final rule for calendar year 2017 for services paid under the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule. The final rule addresses several important issues relevant to outpatient therapy services including, but not limited to:
- 2017 therapy cap dollar threshold
- Therapy cap exceptions process
- Manual medical review for services above $3700
- Implementation on new PT and OT evaluation and reevaluation CPT codes
- Payment of the new PT and OT evaluation and reevaluation CPT codes
- New PT and OT evaluation and reevaluation codes and their impact on MPPR and therapy cap
- Documentation changes in CMS Publication 100-02, Chapter 15
- 2017 conversion factor
Below, I will provide a brief summary of the items listed above.
All material posted on our website is the intellectual property of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc. and can’t be used, reproduced, or posted as your own material without the prior written approval of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc.
This article is not intended to and does not serve as legal advice or as consultative services, but is for general information purposes only.