With the 2018 therapy cap now beginning its 5th week, I am still receiving many questions concerning the therapy cap. In this article, I will answer the following questions:
- What is the 2018 therapy cap dollar threshold?
- How is the amount that is applied to the annual therapy cap dollar threshold calculated?
- How does the annual Part B deductible impact the annual therapy cap?
- What is the current status of the therapy cap exception process (ie. use of KX modifier)?
- What is the current status of the $3700 manual medical review threshold?
- What settings does the therapy cap apply to?
- What settings does the therapy cap not apply to?
- Does the therapy provided in an outpatient hospital count towards the annual therapy cap dollar threshold?
- Does the therapy cap apply to critical access hospitals?
- Are critical access hospitals exempt from the therapy cap?
- If a Medicare beneficiary exceeds the therapy cap and no exception process is in place, must I issue an ABN?
- Does the therapy cap apply to Medicare Advantage plans?
1. What is the 2018 therapy cap dollar threshold?
All material posted on our website is the intellectual property of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc. and can’t be used, reproduced, or posted as your own material without the prior written approval of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc.
This article is not intended to and does not serve as legal advice or as consultative services, but is for general information purposes only.