The 2018 CPT codes have been officially released by the American Medical Association (AMA) and there are several changes that will impact outpatient physical and occupational therapy services. CPT codes, description, and material are copyright 2017 AMA. CPT is a trademark of the AMA.
2018 CPT code changes impact the following CPT codes:
- Multi-layer compression system CPT codes 29582 and 29583
- Orthotic and management training (CPT code 97760)
- Prosthetic management and training (CPT code 97761)
- Orthotic/prosthetic checkout (CPT Code 97762)
- Development of cognitive skills (CPT code 97532)
Lets begin with the multi-layer compression system CPT codes. For dates of service on and after January 1, 2018, the following CPT codes have
All material posted on our website is the intellectual property of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc. and can’t be used, reproduced, or posted as your own material without the prior written approval of Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc.
This article is not intended to and does not serve as legal advice or as consultative services, but is for general information purposes only.